The Battery Life Update is here!
We have just released one of the most anticipated updates for Tinitell’s software: the battery life update.
This is a major update for Tinitell’s software and it will have a positive impact on Tinitell’s battery life and change how Tinitell sends location updates to the app.
What does this mean for your Tinitell experience?
The update will bring all Tinitell users significantly improved battery performance: a boost to a two-day battery life, along with a better positioning system.
What has changed: until today, the GPS was active every time your child was moving and this lead to a shorter battery life. Right now, the GPS tracking is active only when you are using the app. Tinitell’s position will be more accurate and it will update every 3 seconds as long as you are checking the app.
Begin by updating the smartphone app on your iOS or Android device and then update the Tinitell’s firmware.
How to perform the software update:
- Make sure your Tinitell app is up to date
- Make sure your Tinitell is ON and has at least 50% battery power
- Make sure your Tinitell next to your smartphone
- Open the Tinitell App
- Press on the Tinitell avatar in the bottom right corner of the app
- Swipe up the Tinitell menu screen
- Press on the “Tinitell Settings” menu button
- Press on the “Software Update” menu button
- If the app displays the message “Yay, there’s an update!” press “Update Now”
- When the app displays the message “Your Tinitell is now up to date” press “Done”
- Please wait for Tinitell to restart automatically.
- You’re done!
As with any new piece of technology, Tinitell is always evolving. We are continuously upgrading Tinitell’s features, thanks to the feedback from all Tinitellers. Just don’t forget to check for updates in the App Store or Google Play, and for Tinitell’s software update in the Tinitell settings section of the app.
Please contact the Tinitell Customer Support team via email or phone if you have any questions.